Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jon Stewart is a Joizee Boy

BUYER: Jon Stewart
LOCATION: Red Bank, NJ
PRICE: $3,800,000
SIZE: 4,999 square feet

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: Thanks to Joizee Jennifuh Your Mama has learned that the New Jersey real estate and celebrity gossips are all atwitter and abuzz since someone snitched that lefty liberal boob-toob satirist Jon Stewart (The Daily Show) and his wifey Tracey plunked down $3,800,000 for a water front house in Red Bank, NJ, about an hour by car outside of lower Manhattan.

According to previous reports and property records, Mister Stewart closed on the 1.26 acre estate just before the Christmas holidays in December of 2009. The bulky, shingle style house was built in 1901 according to property records and measures a grand but far from huge 4,999 square feet. A real estate agent not involved with the transaction told a local website that the house is a rambling, cedar shake sided Victorian with turrets and wrap-around porches.

The gated estate has a large circular drive at the front, a smaller one to the side that runs through a porte cochere, a swimming pool, a detached two car garage and adjacent pool house, and a wide lawn that slopes steeply down the the 166 feet of river frontage where there is a boat house, small deck and private dock.

It's unknown whether Mister Stewart and family will be using the property as a primary residence or a weekend getaway. Either way, he is reportedly doing some renovating on the interiors.

Records also indicate that Mister Stewart–through his real estate trust, which happens to be named after his cat and dog–also owns a water front home in the Bay Point area of Sag Harbor, NY.

In November of 2005 Mister and Missus Stewart sold their Greenwich Village apartment to too tan bon mot making fashion designer Michael Kors for $3,995,000. The family traded up to a $5,800,000 doo-plex penthouse in lower Manhattan's TriBeCa neighborhood. Reports from the time of the purchase reveal the condo crib spans approximately 6,000 square feet on the interior with another approximately 1,800 square feet of outdoor space. The Stewarts share the top of their building with mustachioed baseball stud Mike Piazza who had his 2 bedroom and 2 pooper penthouse on the market in 2008 and early 2009 with an asking price of $6,500,000.

photo: Bing

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess John is paid very well to bash the rich. Nice digs for Everyman John Stewart.

Rich and Liberal said...

Oh please. Like Rush Limbaugh's a man of the people? Or Glenn Beck? Or Sarah Palin with the $12 million dollars she earned last year exploiting those tea party people? Give me a break.

Go on wit cher bad (and rich) self Jon Stewart.

Anonymous said...

The man works hard for his money, he is a family man and is smart. He should reap his rewards and may they be bountiful

Jimbo said...

Give it a rest: Jon Stewart serves as the counterweight to the wing-nuts like Beck and Limbaugh. I don't begrudge him he money he makes: he works for it.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful area along the Navesink River - Jon BonJovi has an estate nearby. Wish we could see more pics

Madam Pince said...

I luv Jon, and he can live anywhere he wants. I just prefer the vibe that goes with raising your kids in the city. And don't even try to compare him to Beck & Limbaugh, he's far from a hypocrite.

Anonymous said...

This house and the setting looks like it could be in Grosse Pointe.

Jumpin Jehosephat in LA said...

I luv me some Jonny but dayum, I'm hoping those renovations include relocating the pool into the same zip code as the house. Now, maybe it's just me, but I know when I'm working that 2nd pitcher of Tom Collins or God forbid, Satan's Whiskers, I don't even want to think about the Safari it would be getting my drunk-ass... pardon me, liquored up back-side, back on over to my crib. I mean, really, I could end up pulling a Heche and find myself in the next door neighbors loo watching the wad of money spent on the Bombay go twirling right down the turlit. Talk about a Welcome Wagon.

Anonymous said...

Yummm.. very classy area for a classy guy...

medyum said...

Rich and Liberal said...

Oh please. Like Rush Limbaugh's a man of the people? Or Glenn Beck? Or Sarah Palin with the $12 million dollars she earned last year exploiting those tea party people? Give me a break.

Go on wit cher bad (and rich) self Jon Stewart.

Anonymous said...

I see Viacom pays Mr. Leibowitz nicely for a basic cable show.

No wonder Coco went with TBS.

chris said...

It really pains me to find out that he lives it up plutocrat-style. I never wanted him to be poor, but I would prefer to think he is only moderately rich or just comfortable. This takes the edge off his debunking of the plutocratcy and gives off a funny smelling, sicky sweet perfume of hypocrisy. Ugh.

StPaulSnowman said...

I agree with Chris. It is hard to accept smug derision toward the wealthy from someone who quietly makes and spends this kind of money.

Eric@URP said...

I give Mama credit for labeling him "lefty liberal" and not just "moderate." It pains me that so many people get 100% of their "news" from his show. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but you gotta hear both sides.

That said, I want more pics of the property!

Anonymous said...

Piazza hasn't lived in that Hudson street building for years.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather live in Rumson or Colts Neck personally. This house is off a busy road right by a bridge.

Anonymous said...

20 Alston Court. Interesting location, though not entirely surprising. Jon doesn't seem too snobby for New Jersey. It's just a shame that he took his money there.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard smug derision towards the wealthy from him. Smug derision towards the wealthy who treat everyone else with smug derision - yes, towards those who want more taxcuts for themseves against all evidence that those are not helping the economy, yes, but not towards the wealthy as a class. If anything, he is reminding the people in his income bracket not to be jerks, that's gotta be aweful, right? He never told people not to make money or not to spend money they have, so I don't consider him a hipocrite.